03 December 2006

Recycling Disney and I am Happy

 Big Hug Another one of those moving on days in life.  Writing in the Margins has expanded to become a Dot.Net.  Not because I really wanted all the grief of re-writing the website - just because we ran out of room and this one has a power-template. 
 
Still this will inspire me to write, if nothing else will, and it was really good to get into the flow of writing again this afternoon.
 
------------
 
Sat with Toby in the Unit and we watched a Disney film - "The Sword and the Stone".  It has been years since I watched this, and suddenly with fresh eyes it twigged the number of characters within the tale, which I recognised from elsewhere - talk about recycling !!
 
Archimedes the Owl looks very like the one which lives with Winnie the Pooh.
The tournament tents at the jousting events - would not look out of place in Robin Hood.
The witch looks very like the one in Cinderella.
The fish - pops up again in Little Mermaid.
The scene where the pots and pans are being washed by Merlin - also appears in a similar format in Fantasia and Cinderella - with elements of it in Beauty and the Beast.
 
I am so impressed.  I have never realised this before, and this has inspired me to do the same within my writing.  No good idea is a wasted idea...
 
-----------
 
Went off for a meal at the Rose & Crown in Nympsfield and were spoilt rotten, then back to the Unit to watch the end of Chicken Run. 
 
and to top it all there was a moment in all of that - when I thought and realised - I am truly happy.
 
and now I am closing down the computer and having a good night's rest on that happy thought.
 
 

No comments: