24 September 2006

Library of Life

A really good idea that I would like to share, which has come from the Writing on the Run website...(details below...)
 
LIBRARIES OF LIFE
By Cyra Miles

I keep one folder in my computer and label it as "Libraries of
Life."

When I am drained of ideas to write, I think of my colleague
and the way she handled the temper of a raging boss or I
describe the teenager next to me in the bus who seems to be
out of the world. And sometimes, I make imaginary conclusions
to my writing or the reasons for the peculiar behavior of the
boy in the bus.

With such ideas for writing exercises, it helps me develop my
imagination and ability to be more descriptive.

BIO:
Cyra Miles is in her twentieth something.  She finds writing
as a sanctuary for her thoughts and an intellectual bliss.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:
Could you start a "Libraries of Life" folder to stimulate writing
about characters and topics with that undeniable ring of truth?
 
-------------
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR 100-WORD WRITING ON THE
RUN IDEA

FOR THE TIP OF THE WEEK:

Mail to: writingontherun@aol.com with your best 100-word idea for
making time and space to write.  Include a 25-word bio.  If we
publish your idea in the newsletter, you will receive a byline and
the bio in which you can mention your own writing projects.  For
those of you who are starting to write, this is a good way to get a
quick publication credit.  For seasoned writers, it's a generous way
to share your knowledge with struggling starters.

No comments: